Thursday, April 27, 2017

IALT show fractions using geoboards

WALT show fractions using geoboards.
I used the 'rubber bands' to stretch around half of the board.  Then I wrote the fraction next to it as well. 


I learned to use a geoboard because I had not done that before.  It was hard because I kept forgetting to click and drag. It was easy because I am very good at equivalent fractions. 

I used this link to help me work it out.  I think this app will be really helpful for all students in my class to help them show their working on their computer.




Please check out my video and then the link. Let me know which of the apps you think is the coolest.



3 comments:

Epalahame said...

Hi my name is Hame and I go to Waikowhai primary school and I am in room 7. I really like how you did the put those rubber bands on the Geo board and I like to the Geo board work for maths its really cool. come and check out my blog
http://wpshamep.blogspot.co.nz/

kelly said...

hi Room 11 I really like video because it telling me what about.

kind regards
kelly

Kieren Mu said...

Hi there, my name is Kieren and I am a student in Te Waka Ako at Waikowhai Primary School. I really like how you guys made fractions with rubber bands on a geoboard. It made me think of when we made fractions with a geoboard in room 9. If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wpskierenm.blogspot.co.nz/